เข้าสู่ระบบ or สมัครสมาชิก  
ข้อมูลพื้นฐาน/การบริการ
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ข้อมูลส่งเสริมการลงทุน
ท่องเที่ยวบุรีรัมย์
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ข้อมูลด้านการพัฒนาจังหวัด
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
สำหรับเจ้าหน้าที่

Username:

Password:

ลิงค์หน่วยงานต่างๆ




สรุปข่าวการประชุม ครม
กระบวนอำนวยความสะดวกและการให้บริการประชาชน
ศูนย์ปฏิบัติการจังหวัด
 

 
สถิติผู้เข้าชมเว็บไซต์
Phanom Rung





 
General Information
 
        Prasat Phnom Rung is situated top of Phnom Rung Hill, an volcano, in Chaloem Phra Kiat Buriram Province . It is an ancient site constructed in the 12 th century Phnom Rung is the original name, the words “Phnom Rung” appear in stone inscriptions no . 8 and no.K 1090 which were found on this site. Evidence found in stone inscriptions, along with that which appears in the architectural styles suggest that this site was constructed as a Hindu religious sanctuary for the Pasupta branch of the shiva sect which worshipped the god shiva as the supreme deity. As Shiva resides on top of Mt Kailasa, Phnom Rung Hill can de assumed to represent the celestial abode of Lord Shiva.

A large number of structures can be found on top of Phnom Rung Hill. These buildings were not constructed at the same time, however, but were built over a several centuries by Khmer rulers or locally- based nobles.

The first religious buildings to be constructed were two brick towers dating to the 10th century A.D., These were followed by the small tower which was built in the 11 th century A.D.,and the principal tower which was built in 12 th century A.D. Stone inscriptions No. 7 and 9 show that the main tower was constructed by Narendradit, the over-lord of the local community. He was a member of the Mahidharapura dynasty, which had a close relationship with the rulers of the Khmer Kingdom. It is be-lieved that dynasty originated in the upper Mun Valley.

With a deep religious belief . Narendradit was ordained a priest in the Pasupta branch of the Shiva sect of Hinduism . He remaired apriest until his death . the story of Narendeadit appears in stone inscriptions No.7 and 9 which were inscribed by his son, Hiranya
as a eulogy to his father.

Later buildings include the “banalai” (scripture repository) and “phlab phla” (pavilion) which were added during the reign of King Jayavarman Vll(1177-1220A.D.), the last great ruler of the ancient Khmer Kingdom.









สงวนลิขสิทธิ์โดย © Buriram Thailand :: ยินดีต้อนรับเข้าสู่เว็บไซต์จังหวัดบุรีรัมย์ :: All Right Reserved.

ติดประกาศ: 2008-10-28 (484 คนอ่าน)

[ ย้อนกลับ ]
Content ©